If there's one thing that sums of the true spirit of Christmas, it's the feverish clicking and tweeting of no-mates types cobbling together their favourite records of the year to the interest of nobody.
Sweep out your cloth ears, get your dancing shoes on and shake like a shitting dog to the Official Top 11 of 2011!
1. Leisure Society - "This Phantom Life" Folk-pop with a comedy guest star in the video.
2. Wombats - "Anti D" Pills, thrills and bellyaching from the newly-converted Liverpudlian synthesiser enthusiasts.
3. Acid House Kings - "Would you say stop?" Indie loveliness from Sweden's perkiest popsters.
4. Jens Lekman - "Waiting for Kirsten" Celebrity stalking meets clunking social comment in this b-side from the King of Pop, as only I call him.
5. Drums - "Money" An austerity anthem from the angular Smiths/Joy Div/Beach Boy New Yorkers.
6. Lykke Li - "Get Some" Raunchy roundheelery from Sweden's premier mascara-loving sex kitten.
7. Cloud Control - "Gold Canary" Australians! Remember, a gold canary is not just for Christmas, it's for life. They don't live that long, though.
8. Beyonce - "Run the World" It's Beyonce with added Major Lazer. That's skill to the power of two!
9. Major Lazer - "Original Don" It's Major Lazor without Beyonce. Still pretty skill though, but.
10. Duck Sauce - "Big Bad Wolf" Worth its place for the video alone, in particular the ping pong ball bit. Mentalists.
11. Lovely Eggs - "Don't look at me (I don't like it)" A deranged Lancastrian woman shouting on about cul-de-sac arms and sausage rolls while her weird bloke ramones away in the background? That's what it's aaaaal aboot!
Keep your wheels spinning and the beavers grinning, pop kids!